Sunday 6 May 2012

Housewife With A Half-Life by A.B.Wells

I just wanted to draw your attention to a new novel that is published today by a very good friend of mine who also happens to be one of my favourite writers and word wranglers, A.B.Wells.

                                       

While I haven't read an advanced copy of the book, I'm eagerly awaiting it because of Alison's amazing facility with language (read her flash fiction on her blog here) and our shared lay interest in science and mutual fandom of Douglas Adams.

But Alison is also a mother to four young children and we've had many a conversation over all things child developmental. I'm sure her personal experiences will feed into the novel as it's about, well a housewife, with a half-life!

Here's a brief synopsis of what the book is about:

A Housewife's answer to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! In this lively space comedy, Susan Strong and her spaceman guide Fairly Dave dodge entropy hoovers, Geezers with Freezers, the Super Gnome and the Spinner's cataclysmic converter on a mission to retrieve the lost pieces of the housewife's disintegrating self across parallel universes. Can they save us all from Universal Devastation?

The ebook is available on Kindle from May 8th and will be out in print in June. 

To coincide with the launches, Alison is running all sorts of promotions. Follow her on Twitter @alisonwells for more information.

Good luck with the launch Alison, I can't wait to get hold of my print copy!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cover is very GOOD. I like. X Pen.

Anne Stormont (@writeanne) said...

Yeah - go Alison. Can't wait to read it. Sample chapter whetted my appetite.